Gallan Head Community Trust was established 2014 as a Community Body serving the community of Aird Uig. The Trust has recently successfully concluded a Community Right to Buy process and now owns the former MOD Aird Uig. Amongst other roles, the Trust is now custodian of land and property on behalf of the benefit of the community.
- To manage community land and associated assets for the benefit of the Community and the public in general.
- To provide, or assist in providing, recreational facilities, and/or organising recreational activities, which will be available to members of the Community and public at large with the object of improving the conditions of life of the Community.
- To advance community development, including urban or rural regeneration within the Community.
- To advance the education of the Community about its environment, culture, heritage and/or history.
- To advance environmental protection or improvement including preservation, sustainable development and conservation of the natural environment, the maintenance, improvement or provision of environmental amenities for the Community and/or the preservation of buildings or sites of architectural, historic or other importance to the Community;
To get a feel for Aird, Gallan Head and how we got to where we are now, please take the time to watch this wonderful documentary made by MACTV for BBC ALBA.
Here are links to past press coverage about Aird, Gallan Head, and our endeavours so far:-